Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

Today I got to go with Ellie's class to the pumpkin patch. The kids had lots of fun. First they listened to a story about the rabbit that planted all the pumpkins. Then they went on a trail that led to the rabbit's burrow. They got to go into his burrow and climb up into his house. Next they got to go on a hay ride. The kids loved it, especially since their teacher got squirted by water during the ride! After the hay ride they ate their snacks. Then it was time for the kids to go and choose a pumpkin to take home with them. Ellie searched for the perfect pumpkin, she finally found one that she loved!
That night I asked Ellie if she wanted to carve her pumpkin. She looked at me and said, "So it can glow?" I said "yes". Without hesitation she looked at me and said "No." I then asked her if she wanted to draw a face on it. She decided that would be fun. She gave her pumpkin a happy face on one side and a scary face on the other. I tried to get her to put it outside, but she didn't want to. She decided to keep it in her bedroom and on her dresser so Tanner couldn't get to it.

No comments: