This morning we decided it would be nice to get out of the Valley for the day. We packed a picnic and headed towards an old family favorite.... Nelder Grove, located in the beautiful Sierra National Forest. I have been camping at Nelder Grove my whole life and it has wonderful trails to hike that showcase many beautiful Giant Sequoias. Brian and I decided it would be fun to take Ellie and Tanner up there so they could see the "Big Trees". It had been over five years since we had been there and I admit got us a little lost, but it was only a 20 minute detour! Once we got there we had lunch and headed off to one of the trails. We decided to take the trail that led to the Bull Buck Tree, although we cheated and entered through the exit and left the same way.... which ended up being a good idea since Tanner decided he wanted to be carried.
On our way home we drove through McDonald's and got Ice Cream! Believe it or not, Tanner only got three drips on him!



No comments:
Post a Comment