Every year we go to the Scicon Barbecue, so we can help digup the meat pit. This year we went up the night before and had dinner at aunt Bea's house. Dinner was delicious and we had a lot of fun visiting with everyone. Jessica came home from school for the weekend and Aunt Julie and Uncle Jim were visiting from Florida. That night we stayed in one of the cabins. Ellie was so excited about staying there and she got to sleep on the top bunk! The next morning we had breakfast at Kevin and Bea's, then we headed off to the pit. Ellie was really interested in digging up the meat. She was confused to why the meat was in the ground, but she thought it was fun. After the meat was all out of the pit we enjoyed the tradition of wrapping it in tortillas and salsa. Every year the man that drives the Hummer bring tortillas, home made salsa, and some store bought salsa for the weaklings. After we are done eating we head down to the Barbecue and look at all the booths, and join in some of the activities they have.
The whole time we were at Bea and Kevin's Tanner carried around this jar of jelly beans.



1 comment:
Okay I'm totally jealous now. Did you get to bring some meat home? If so can I get some! :) I've only been to Scicon once but it was a alot of fun. I even did the log cutting and had that piece up till just a few months ago when the cats finally clawed enough of it to throw away. Seriously though, I want some of that meat!
Bryce McGhie
Post a Comment